NBC Universal International New Media Sales Manager in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 33591BR
Job Title International New Media Sales Manager
Business Segment International
Sub-Business International TVD
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal International Distribution is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media to over 200 territories outside of the U.S. and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. International Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
Supporting the VP Digital with the all aspects of the licensing activities of NBC Universal’s filmed entertainment and television product to New Media customers (Pay Per View, VOD, Electronic Sell-Through) within French, German and Italian speaking territories (“the Territories”).
• Drive growth of New Media revenue by negotiating and closing of New Media licensing agreements with cable, satellite, broadband, internet, mobile, OTT and other operators (new clients and renewals with existing clients);
• Liaising internally and with clients to manage the on-going operational aspects of existing and future license agreements in the Territories.
• Convening cross-functional teams to solve client problems (eg, support new product features launches, contractual non-compliance, financial reporting, overdue payments, materials issues);
• Liaise with the Finance team to help develop budgets and regular re-forecasts in the Territories for revenue and assist Finance on maintaining models and updating sales tools.
• Work with internal stakeholders (e.g., Operations, Sales Admin, Marketing, Account Management, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, UPHE Content Group, Home Entertainment and Linear teams) to experiment with new revenue models and types of client.
• Contribute to formulating and setting strategy sales plans and priorities in the Territories;
• Maintain strong customer relationships with New Media clients alongside the New Media Account Management team including meetings on a regular basis.
• Inform clients of upcoming NBCU corporate events and new services.
• Perform other sales duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• Identify and create new opportunities for sales to drive new business development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strategic planning/business development/sales experience;
• Proven experience negotiating and closing deals, to tight deadlines.
• Ability to interact with diverse groups internationally;
• Superlative communication skills and demonstrated track record of sales and negotiation;
• Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities and focus on delivery of only the most important items.
• Experience within international TV/Film product sales is beneficial but not essential;
• New Media / Digital Media experience or knowledge strongly preferred; and
• Ideally multi-lingual (French or German preferred).
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove they are able to work in the United Kingdom.