NBC Universal Media Asset Coordinator in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 34101BR
Job Title Media Asset Coordinator
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPI
Posting Category Motion Pictures
About Us For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
UPI is seeking a detail-orientated Media Asset Coordinator to join our in-house post-production facility at the company’s head office.
Reporting to the Account Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the smooth running of the department in a very busy post-production environment. Tape library experience is essential, but the role will develop further into digital storage and asset management.
The facility services all of Universal’s products, and as such you’ll be working on and dealing with highly sensitive material. Therefore an understanding of content security is a large part of this role.
• Provide administrative support to the creative operations team
• Maintaining and updating our physical and digital library system
• Handle all media entering and leaving the facility, and know the location of all assets relating to the projects in hand
• Provide a point of contact for our clients internally and externally
• Generate release of material contracts to industry standard in accordance with our content protection policy.
• Stock purchasing and any other departmental related material
• Coordinate the editing schedule for long term projects
• QC material before despatch
• Coordination of despatch, both nationally and internationally
• Responsible for the recalling of archived material
• Arrange recycling of assets that are no longer needed.
• Source EPK materials for archiving
• QC Bookings
• Requesting final deliverables, either from the Studio or third parties
• Organise shift handovers – ensure the smooth transfer of requests between varying shift patterns
• Provide deliverables information to our local acquisitions team
• Arrange the archiving of marketing materials for the UK Theatrical group
• Meticulous attention to detail
• High level of organisational skills
• Team player
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Experience within a post-production facility
• Tape library experience and knowledge of the formats and terminology of a post-production environment
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Good communication and people skills
• Diplomacy and sensitivity when working with all levels of management
• An understanding and interest in the film industry
• Good computer skills. Knowledge of ScheduALL and Farmer’s Wife is beneficial, but not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.