NBC Universal Paralegal (French language skills preferred but not required) in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 34583BR
Job Title Paralegal (French language skills preferred but not required)
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International Consumer Products
Posting Category Legal & Business Affairs
About Us NBCUniversal’s international operations outside the US and Canada include film and television distribution, home entertainment distribution, channels, film and television production, theme parks and news operations. The company is led by Kevin MacLellan, Chairman. MacLellan is responsible for oversight of all NBCUniversal International’s businesses, as well as identifying and executing international growth opportunities for both NBCUniversal and Comcast Corporation. With more than 2,200 employees across 34 countries, NBCUniversal’s international portfolio consists of international channels delivering quality content to 176 territories across EMEA, Latin America and Asia; television production labels in both UK and Australia; a library of 4,000 feature films and 75,000 TV episodes for international television distribution; direct film distribution operations in 11 countries; direct home entertainment distribution operations in 7 countries with licensee relationships covering approximately 55 additional territories; CNBC International, which broadcasts across EMEA and APAC; Parks & Resorts operated through license agreements in Singapore and Japan; and an international NBC News team based in London.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
The Paralegal will be based in London and provide Legal and office support to the EMEA Consumer Products merchandising and licensing Legal Team as well as its European overseas offices.
This role would suit a Law Graduate who has completed the LPC and has experience working in-house or in a Law firm. He/ she will have studied intellectual property law and preferably have experience in licensing.
Fluency and business confidence corresponding in French is preferred but not required.
• Preparing English language draft license agreements, amendments and other Legal documents from existing templates.
• Circulating agreements to all parties and acting as a first point of contact for any changes required.
• Corresponding with our overseas offices and Licensees in local language.
• Filtering comments to facilitate answers to queries across all internal departments.
• Preparing and circulating redlines based on changes required by the business.
• Ability to maintain independent workload and support lawyers when required.
• General Legal administrative duties, compiling signatures and maintaining filing systems.
• Drafting cover letters and correspondence.
• Maintaining and coordinating between the Legal team and business partners with regard to the workflow, tracking, and Legal delivery of documentation.
• Contract status follow-ups with licensees, agents and category teams.
• Conducting legal research.
• Additional duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
• Completion of the LPC, having achieved a commendation or distinction. However, consideration will be given to candidates with significant in-house business affairs experience and/or equivalent qualifications from another common law jurisdiction.
• Completion of an intellectual property law module at University or LPC, and ideally prior experience in licensing.
• Experience working within a commercial or intellectual property team of a law firm as a paralegal or in-house experience at a major studio, distributor, production company, broadcaster or equivalent.
• Highly organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with a range of personalities, and establish effective relationships internally and externally.
• Friendly, approachable and confident manner with a flexible can do attitude.
• Proactive and responsible team player, taking pride in the role.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with a diverse and often heavy workload.
• Ability to identify, prioritise and manage urgent work assignments, and manage expectations in respect of other tasks.
• Ability to know when to ask for assistance and guidance from more senior members of the team.
• Strong academic background.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• An enthusiasm for the entertainment industry and film in particular.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.