NBC Universal Sales Strategy & Development Manager in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 35414BR
Job Title Sales Strategy & Development Manager
Business Segment Global Distribution and International
Sub-Business International TVD
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal International Distribution is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media to over 200 territories outside of the U.S. and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. International Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
The Manager, Sales Strategy and Development will gain exposure to the international distribution and networks businesses of a global media company by providing key analysis to Director and Senior Vice President, Sales Strategy and Development and by taking on individual responsibility for various negotiations/projects.
• Financial Analysis & Modeling of long term licensing and channel carriage deals
• Strategic Analysis: Monitoring market, programming and technology trends in designated territories
• Presentation Development: Support development of long term financial and strategic planning
• New Initiative Support: Provide analytical support for various AVOD, SVOD, VR and other products working with SVP Sales Strategy, SVP Branded on Demand and operational leads
Duties will include:
Long-term deal structure and negotiation:
• Under direction of Director, Sales Strategy, and in conjunction with Sales, Business and Legal Affairs, and Research colleagues, support the structure and negotiation of commercial terms of multi-year/multi-product television licensing and channel carriage agreements in designated European territories, inclusive of Pay, Basic, Free, and New Technology rights.
• Create spreadsheets for and maintain financial analysis of various distribution and channel carriage deals.
• Create structures & terms in a self-directed manner to maximize upside, minimize risk, and provide for changes in the market and the Company’s strategy.
• Work directly with local Sales Liaisons to strategically identify product for inclusion in volume and package deals.
• Develop powerpoint presentations summarizing deal negotiations for senior management.
• Occasional direct meetings with clients and/or vendors.
Support of Divisional and Corporate strategic planning activities:
• Monitor future slate/season coverage in all assigned territories.
• Provide strategic input to bi-annual budget and planning process.
• Provide input to International Sales meetings held several times per year.
• Create ad-hoc strategic reports and analyses.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Prior entertainment experience;
• Solid experience performing quantitative analysis, forecasting, and/or financial modeling;
• Demonstrated quantitative, financial and analytical skills;
• Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with senior leadership
• Demonstrated ability to work within a negotiation team and interact with clients.
• Candidate must be comfortable working in a multi-task, project-driven environment where tight deadlines and multiple demands may require flexibility, longer hours, and travel.
• Self-motivated, proactive individual capable of working as a member of multiple teams as well as independently;
• Ability to work effectively with PowerPoint, Excel and utilizing pivot tables;
• Willingness to travel from time-to-time.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.