NBC Universal Senior Business Development Manager in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 35109BR
Job Title Senior Business Development Manager
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Sales
About Us UCA is an alliance between Universal Pictures UK Ltd and Sony Pictures UK Ltd. Working with leading UK Music and DVD content partners including Paramount Pictures, BBC Worldwide, Disney, Lionsgate, Studio Canal, Universal Music and Sony Music, UCA continues to pioneer DVD distribution across the UK retail landscape category managing over 5,000 non-traditional entertainment stores. UCA is dedicated to innovation and is the market leader in each of the sectors it operates in.
UCA operates within the infrastructure of Universal Pictures UK Ltd which is part of Universal Pictures International Entertainment. (UPIE) is part of NBC Universal - one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks and is a division of Comcast.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
Purpose of role
To manage and develop existing retail accounts. To identify and win new retail opportunities with UK and Irish retailers for home entertainment, and to successfully implement the offer in stores.
• Develop customer relationships that deliver commercial advantage
• Effectively manage and grow selected retail accounts
• Plan and deliver effective sales strategies that meet revenue and profit targets across the entire portfolio of our content.
• Identify and win new retail opportunities
• Effectively co-ordinate sales meetings to deliver team objectives aligned to customer JBPs
• Exceed revenue and contribution targets
• Forecast all volume, revenue & contribution at SKU & promotion level as required
• Prepare, develop and deliver the annual customer JBP in selected accounts
• Cold call to secure initial meetings with prospect accounts
• Project-manage implementation of activities supported by internal departments and our distributor;
• Identify new product development opportunities;
• Maintain customer P&Ls and manage POS/Merchandising budgets to agreed targets
• Utilise the expertise of the vendor managed inventory teams to deliver results;
• Complete regular store visits to ensure that a high level of market knowledge is maintained
• Own and lead key projects within the team
• Excellent knowledge of UK retail landscape;
• Assertive networker who builds relationships with both internal and external customers;
• Persuasive negotiator with track record of success in setting up and closing deals;
• Experienced and credible presenter who can interpret, assess and translate data to both internal and external customers;
• Able to conceive and develop innovative opportunities and sell the concept to key retailers;
• Profit conscious with experience of managing a P&L as well as producing sales and margin forecasts;
• Solution orientated, commercially focused and deadline driven;
• Track record in successful project management within a team;
• Experience of managing multiple 3rd parties;
• Has sold to board level;
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
• Retailing experience – in store or head office buying/cat management
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.