NBC Universal Executive Sous Chef- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Los Angeles, California
Job Number 33547BR
Job Title Executive Sous Chef- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Food
Posting Category Theme Parks – Food and Beverage
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Los Angeles
The Executive Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef and would primarily be responsible for all culinary offerings in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood. He/she is responsible for the production of all foods in the land and ensure the highest quality and service at all levels. This position would be the primary culinary leader responsible for supervising and developing teams working across the land and within Universal Studios Hollywood.
Commitment to Quality: Food Production & Operations
• Proper and consistent production of all food products at all times
• Conduct daily inspections of the facility and complete the “daily walk through” reports for all areas
• Maintain all kitchens in a sanitary condition at all times
• Work in conjunction with facilities to insure proper maintenance of all equipment
• Champion delivery of high quality product and service, from purchasing to our guests
• Accurately complete and maintain the daily production log and weekly production plan
• In partnership with the Food Warehouse and the Fresh Product Receiving Clerk, inspect all received product
• Maintain production specification book and photos.
• Insure that all charges into and out of the restaurants are current and correct.
• Communicate with the information technology group to insure that all recipes are updated and accurate
• Partner with the EATEC Team to insure all inventories are correct
• Support the culinary team within the Theme Park and Catering, as assigned
• Design menus for new products as needed.
• Practice effective organizational skills at all times
• Work within all health and sanitation guidelines
• Assist in the development of all food staff.
• Create, maintenance and implementation of food specifications/recipes
• Establish and maintain effective control of cost of goods and waste
• Proper and consistent production of all foods
• Uphold exceptional standards and practices at all times
• Ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships across all functions within the park.
• Knowledge and maintenance of all costs
• Provide operational analysis to the Executive Chef and food service managers.
• Ensure the success of the food service waste management program.
• Utilize all excess food items and insure it is transferred and or repurposed
• Responsible for maintaining labor cost as planned through finance
• Responsible for interviewing and selecting new candidates for peak season within the budget parameters
Guiding & Developing Others:
• Organize and execute skills training sessions for culinary team.
• Partner with Human Resources for developing and/or improving training, including new hire training, for the culinary team
• Responsible for training, developing and promoting the culinary team through individual performance planning.
• Understand the role that culinary plays in supporting our internal customers so that they are able to provide excellent products and services to our paying guests
• Interact with guests in order to positively impact their experiences while visiting the Theme Park
• Graduate of an accredited culinary school required
• Proven knowledge of Word and Excel
• Minimum 5 years of culinary experience, which includes working in a high volume fast pace restaurant or similar high production environment
• Proven ability to work within a fast paced, guest oriented and highly collaborative environment.
L.A. County Food Handlers Certification
• HACCP training
• 3 years management culinary experience