NBC Universal Supervisor, Entertainment Costume Operations in Los Angeles, California
Job Number 34036BR
Job Title Supervisor, Entertainment Costume Operations
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Entertainment
Posting Category Theme Parks – Entertainment
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Los Angeles
The Supervisor, Entertainment Costume Operations is responsible assisting the Entertainment Costume Operations Manager with the daily supervisory leadership of the front line employees with a key focus on the daily operation of the Entertainment Costume Department.
• Oversee the daily operations of the Costume Areas; including monitoring staff and ensuring that all standard operating procedures are maintained.
• Coach, monitor and track the hourly staff’s work processes. Instruct and monitor costume staff in required daily techniques and procedures.
• Monitor and track daily labor hours and correct as needed to remain on fiscal plan.
• Monitor overall labor/training budgets and report to Manager.
• Work with Costume staff and Entertainment Management on solutions to issues.
• Oversee costume inventories and requests orders as needed.
• Maintain quality control for all costume pieces.
• Supervise team member schedules. Perform proper and timely administration of daily payroll/time keeping.
• Oversee department staffing levels and hire new team members as needed.
• Communicate consistently with the hourly staff by providing feedback for both, recognition and opportunities for improvement, daily.
• Communicate with management and hourly team members, keeping communication open to maintain positive team member relationships.
• Provide coaching and timely investigation, responses to internal guest, and employee concerns.
• Develop and implement programs to improve internal guest and employee satisfaction.
• Monitor safety practices and respond to safety concerns. Implement Company sanctioned safety procedures. Investigate and resolve Environmental, Health and Safety Issues.
• Assist and supervise with the installation of new entertainment costumes/projects and events, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least 2 years of costume operations management/team leadership experience managing/supervising a team; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Work and PowerPoint.
• Two to four year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experiences
• Costume technical knowledge a plus
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas. Strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Strong time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self starter
• Ability to multi-task and being flexible is essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.