NBC Universal Producer, Scripted Production in Miami, Florida
Job Number 35717BR
Job Title Producer, Scripted Production
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Studios
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Responsible for developing and controlling a preliminary budget for the proposed project
• Responsible for visualizing, and overseeing the taped material in order to ensure sequence in the scripts
• Prepares a pre-production project plan with all the tasks to be completed in order to ensure a timely start of production
• Selects and approves music to be used for production and ensures the contract is fulfilled
• Works with the Sales Department to review clients that would be interested in placing their products in the upcoming novela for advertising
• Reviews dailies and rough cuts
• Monitors continuity of advertising products placed in the production by informing the writer as to what scenes need to be accommodated for the advertising product to appear, keeping the editors updated on what names need to appear in the ending credits, and coordinating with appropriate Sales Representative as the desired visual look and appearance of the advertising product
• Informs the Executive Producer as to items that need to be pre-produced (i.e. music, accidents)
• Ensures the editors are keeping pace with the scheduled release date
• Approves the final cut
• Reviews final product after it is edited checking its quality and final time
• Ensures all minutes produced are aired in accordance to information provided by the Script Supervisor
• Ensures accuracy of credits and disclaimers
• Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Producer and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Ensures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios’ infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and procedures
• Follows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environment
• Presents ideas that support EHS goals and policies to your business or EHS leader
• Raises concerns about possible violations of EHS policies to your manager, business and EHS Leader
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the production of novelas /soap operas
• Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Communication, or Production
• Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Ability to work regular hours.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Team player
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.