NBC Universal National Sales Manager, WSCV in Miramar, Florida
Job Number 33489BR
Job Title National Sales Manager, WSCV
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM WSCV
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
The National Sales Manager will be responsible for directing the national sales efforts of WSCV.
• Work with each national sales office to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to achieve/surpass revenue targets.
• Work with Vice President Sales and WSCV Sales Managers and Research Director on sales planning and pricing strategies, inventory management, market growth and revenue forecasting.
• Direct the national sales effort through direct communication and detailed planning. Review strategies with national reps. Provide quick response and turnaround to the national sales team and deliver on timelines and commitments.
• Develop strategies to enhance traditional revenue opportunities as well as identify new revenue streams and lead execution of activation and integration sponsorships. Work with Research to create presentations and determine estimates on programs.
• Identify local decision makers impacting national buys.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years (top ten market) Broadcast media sales experience
• Minimum 1 year experience as National Sales manager or equivalent
• Demonstrated record of growing market share and outperforming the market
• Must be willing to work at the location in Miramar Florida
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Willingness to travel, at times work outside of normal business hours, and, potentially on weekends as needed
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to understand the big picture and long-term objectives, positive mental attitude, sense of professionalism, team orientation, resourcefulness and client focus
• Excellent communication skills, initiative, creativity, detail oriented, organizational and analytical skills desired
• Strong industry contacts, client list including both agencies and client direct contacts
• Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of the Internet and digital media landscape
• Experience with multi-platform campaigns
• Knowledge of sales computer applications
• Ability to quickly understand and size up opportunity and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions
• Bilingual - English/Spanish preferred