NBC Universal WTVJ Weekend Anchor in Miramar, Florida
Job Number 35536BR
Job Title WTVJ Weekend Anchor
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - WTVJ
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Perform as an on-air weekend anchor and weekday reporter for NBC 6 South Florida newscasts and programs across multiple platforms
• Contribute story ideas for day of stories and news series pieces
• Prepare and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present NBC 6 South Florida news specials and packages based on breaking news or pre-planned stories
• Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
• Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads; bridge relevant activities through community relations department
• Participate in station-sponsored and philanthropic events and assigned special promotions projects
• Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed
-Gather information, pictures and video for station’s digital platforms.
-Write digital scripts and collaborate with digital team on daily assignments
-Actively maintain station branded social media accounts.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as anchor in top 20 market
• Minimum 5 years of experience as television reporter in top 20 market
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Proven track record of strong writing, storytelling and live reporting skills
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• General Assignment reporting skills preferred.
• Understanding of Social Media
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills.
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
• Strong live reporting skills. Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to edit media
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.