NBC Universal Analyst, MSNBC Program Insights in New York, New York
Job Number 34091BR
Job Title Analyst, MSNBC Program Insights
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Sub-Business News Group
Posting Category Research
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
Role Summary/Purpose: The Analyst will assist the MSNBC Program Insights team in analyzing Nielsen audience data and provide insights in order to help deepen understanding of news viewers’ behaviors and drive business decisions impacting performance of all MSNBC programs. The position supports internal clients including: Programming, Marketing, Press, Finance, Program Producers, Talent and Senior Management.
Responsibilities: As a key member of the MSNBC Program Research team, the Analyst’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Working with Nielsen and internal data systems to provide routine reporting of linear TV ratings performance of MSNBC and competitors’ programs and dayparts.
• Communicating visually compelling, cohesive, data-driven analyses to clients. Assisting clients with ad hoc research requests, analyses, and presentations
• Proactively identifying and interpreting trends in daily ratings reports
• Creating and maintaining Nielsen data tracking files used by the team
• Maintaining the Nielsen MyEvnts program names system
• Monitoring industry news/press for trends and competitive insights.
• Four year degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college or university, preferably in Marketing, Media, Finance or related field
• Familiarity with the usage of ratings analytics in Programming, Media/Marketing, Press, and Finance
• Demonstrated knowledge of Nielsen data systems and tools a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, including expertise with pivot tables and logic statements to manipulate and analyze data
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Demonstrated passion for TV and news/current events content
• Analytical thinker with superior mathematical/statistical capabilities
• Passion for storytelling using data
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively summarize and articulate research findings
• Detail-oriented with the ability to work efficiently and accurately
• Proven ability to be a proactive thinker and self-starter
• Intellectually curious with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
• Collaborative attitude and team player
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.