NBC Universal Audience Program Manager in New York, New York
Job Number 35131BR
Job Title Audience Program Manager
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Business Operations & Strategy
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Audience data now permeates all platforms at NBCUniversal, creating an endless stream of business and technical programs which range from data assets and targeting products to attribution offerings. Some of these are internal facing, while others are revenue centers. What they all have in common is the conception, development and delivery require great coordination across technology, sales, data and operations teams at all levels. The role of Audience Studio Data Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the strategy is sound, the projects are well organized and deliverables are met. This role will manage all aspects of our data products and be highly visible throughout the organization as we bring digital-born data capabilities to NBCUniversal’s industry leading broadcast and cable television businesses. Day to day responsibilities will include needs analysis, requirements gathering, project planning and management, coordination and executive readouts starting with the design and strategy phase through full product development and delivery. The Data Program Manager will serve as the primary contact and act as the central point of contact between all internal stakeholders.
Career Level Entry-Level
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
• Assume ownership of all aspects of program and project management, and shepherd them from inception to completion
• Contribute strategic direction and unbiased evaluation of data programs
• Identifying project risks, escalating and driving all necessary resolutions with the project teams: sales, marketing, technology, product, operations, etc.
• Seek final resolution on all issues so projects do not stall or fall out of scope without warning
• Coordinate communication and activity between/among cross-functional teams, both internal and external
• Create and maintain detailed project schedules and follow up with appropriate teams for deliverables
• Initiate and conduct formal status meetings, ensure the right people are at the table, document risks and issues and communicate out as appropriate.
• Resolve complex issues to ensure client satisfaction in accordance with company policies
• Manage executive expectations proactively and reactively as necessary
• Contribute to proposals time estimations that encompass assumptions, constraints, risks, and dependencies
• Track, manage and follow up appropriately all stakeholder interactions in a timely fashion
• Create project tracking tools and methodologies
• Continually evaluate day to day activities for process improvement opportunities
• Prepare and distribute progress and activity reports as necessary
• Ensure project budgets are maintained and potential overruns are addressed proactively
• 2 + years related experience in managing large, multi-platform projects across a matrixed organization
• 2 + years experience dealing with audience data and targeting
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Strong experience in the digital and television advertising market
• Start-up experience
• Highly organized, detailed-oriented and with strong planning, execution and time management skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, as well as an articulate and friendly problem-solving attitude
• Able to influence and lead a team of diverse talent within a highly matrixed environment
• Expert communication skills with the confidence to present at an executive level
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with solid decision-making skills
• Intellectually curious and passionate about digital culture and technology
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at the same time
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Internal applicants must submit application via myNBCU Careers
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the office in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Must be 18 years or older
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.