NBC Universal Business Development Planner, Telemundo in New York, New York
Job Number 36828BR
Job Title Business Development Planner, Telemundo
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - Platform Dev&Comm
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Business Development Planner will partner with Directors on the BD team to build the business cases and compelling stories that will help our clients see the value of marketing to our consumer and how the NBCUniversal portfolio can help them activate against the opportunity.
• Support Telemundo Owned Station Group Business Development Directors across a variety of sales functions to:
• Analyze and develop business cases to devise and direct effective media and marketing strategies to grow sales.
• Create and enhance research sales pieces articulating the value of the Hispanic consumer across a wide variety of categories.
• Gather competitive research, advertiser media spending and stay current with all company capabilities
• Work with cross-functional teams to manage deadlines & presentation development
• Work with Stations, Digital and production platform personnel to help build marketing/media proposals.
• Recommend proven media and marketing strategies that guide clients how to effectively engage Hispanic consumers
• Work with stations and digital platform personnel to ensure proper communication of sales orders
• Develop customized marketing materials for new sales opportunities
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• 2+ years in a Marketing, media or advertising agency environment
• Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Bachelor’s degree
• Familiarity with broadcast and/or digital sales systems a plus
• Ability to thrive in a team environment. – Candidate must work with multiple internal and external groups, and serve as a point-person across multiple disciplines.
• Extremely strong writing and deck creation skills
• Previous professional experience in a media environment (television production, ad sales or marketing a plus)
• Exceptional communication, project management and presentation skills. Must be able to think critically and balance client needs and internal solutions.
• Superior organizational skills - must demonstrate ability to manage projects from start to finish, manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong Work ethic
• Desire to grow within a fast paced and dynamic sales organization
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.