NBC Universal Director, North Eastern Region in New York, New York
Job Number 34385BR
Job Title Director, North Eastern Region
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD News
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Director, North Eastern Region is responsible for overseeing the regions day-to-day newsgathering, news operations, including breaking news coverage and sweeps planning while keeping within appropriate financial budget constraints to meet established goals and objectives in smaller size newsroom bureau/office.
• Works in conjunction with primary Noticias Telemundo Hialeah headquarters news desk and Director of Newsgathering to develop content across all media platforms within and around their particular region
• Provides leadership and drive strategy for region’s news coverage by maintaining a culture of creativity and excellence that defines Noticias Telemundo brand
• Ensures daily stories are well conceived; provides high-quality coverage and accuracy to maintain the journalistic integrity of our network news product
• Reviews content for fair and accurate reporting, while maintaining balance and credibility
• Maps out high-quality/multi-coverage tactics and strategy for the coverage region, with a particular emphasis on special events or larger scale news events
• Identifies existing opportunities (political debates, high profile entertainment/celebrity opportunities, etc) to create presence and maximize audience reach potential for the Noticias Telemundo brand
• Participates in the development and management of annual budgets and capital needs as related to their region, providing input on costs and overtime expenses for their staffing needs
• Oversees the evaluation and performance appraisal amongst bureau staff, while managing, coaching, and developing news personnel to work and grow.
• Works closely with corporate headquarters and management in Hialeah, FL participating in hiring decisions, related to their region of coverage.
• Works closely with local and owned Telemundo stations and properties in the region to form partnerships and sharing opportunities
• Works under the direct supervision of the Director News Gathering and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, communications, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 7 years television news experience
• Minimum 3 years as an News Director, Bureau Chief, Assistant News Director or similar leadership role
• Minimum 4 years of experience as a News Producer
• Minimum 3 years of experience dealing with budgets and developing strategic plans to operate within budgets
• Minimum 3 years of experience in coaching, leading, and motivating a team
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• Ability to work under pressure and react well under crisis situations while keeping the news staff focused and committed to performing their duties to the broadcast
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of the Hispanic market in the United States
• Ability to consistently enterprise content
• Inspirational and inclusive leadership skills
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to lead and develop staff
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.