NBC Universal Director, Program Management in New York, New York
Job Number 33541BR
Job Title Director, Program Management
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
NBCUniversal’s transformative technology division - Sales, Research & Analytics (SRA) is responsible for software solutions for a $10 billion sales business, innovative audience platforms and we did mention that we provide data and analytics to one of the largest and most diverse media companies in the world? We are a highly-skilled team of dreamers who want to do things differently but who also know that ideas need to be tied to business value. It is an exciting time to join the SRA team because we are on the forefront of empowering NBCUniversal with data, analytics and new products through innovative design.
We are looking for a dedicated team player to join us on our exciting journey to transform NBCUniversal and the media industry. As the Director, Program Management you will play a critical role in translating our strategic vision into measurable and sustainable business results. You will be responsible for driving the cross-functional integration of our strategic planning, budgeting, operating reviews and executive updates.
• Establish effective agile portfolio models and program management methodologies in environments with executive stakeholders, distributed development teams and highly ambitious goals
• Develop a strong sense of empathy with SRA leadership (CIO and VPs) to build a deep understanding and contextual knowledge to effectively tell our story
• Define a common approach to demand identification, prioritization, funding and operating mechanisms including but not limited to resource alignment, budget pacing and status
• Determine measures for success and the best way to capture, roll up and communicate product, project, program and portfolio status across SRA for technology and O&TS executive operating reviews
• Drive a new operating framework to align with business needs ensuring the successful deployment and pacing of discretionary funding
• Identify synergies across business verticals, projects and products leveraging a shared approach when applicable and reduce redundancy
• Bachelor's degree in technical or financial field (Master’s or similar experience preferred)
• Expertise in PowerPoint and Excel is a must
• Experience focused in managing complex product development initiatives
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Driving agile mindset and change management
• Experience developing and managing a budget
• Resource planning and vendor management
• Agile management tools like Rally, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
• Distributed matrix team management
• Stakeholder facilitation with executives
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ideal candidate will have experience in management consulting and/or MBA
• Self-starter with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity and manage multiple tracks of work
• Adaptive and ability to learn quickly
• Design experience or interest in Graphic Design and/or Design Thinking
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.