NBC Universal Editor, Advertising Standards in New York, New York
Job Number 34956BR
Job Title Editor, Advertising Standards
Business Segment NBC Sports Group
Sub-Business NBC Sports, NBCSN, & Olympics
Posting Category Research
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Entry-Level
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Advertising Standards department is tasked with ensuring that viewers are presented with advertising materials that are truthful, tasteful, substantiated, and non-deceptive. As an Advertising Standards Editor you will work to ensure that advertising materials submitted comply with NBCUniversal’s internal and external standards, laws and regulations, and public interest considerations. You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Advertising Standards. This is a dynamic, fast-paced, and high volume position that requires excellent multi-tasking skills, impeccable communication skills, and attention to detail.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Review advertising materials from concept/storyboard to final edit to ensure that they meet internal brand standards and regulatory requirements.
• Work closely with Senior Manager and internal stakeholders throughout the business to understand their needs and develop strategies that ensure seamless execution of their key objectives and priorities.
• Evaluate a wide range of marketing, scientific and other data submitted in support of advertising claims.
• Provide realistic, constructive advice to external clients consistent with NBCUniversal guidelines, and FTC, FDA and FCC rules and regulations.
• Negotiate with internal and external stakeholders including sales teams, advertising agency representatives, and legal counsel.
• Assist with the review of cross company strategic advertising and marketing content and provide guidance to internal businesses.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 1 year of full time work experience in a corporate setting.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Ability to negotiate and persuade with tact and diplomacy.
• Strong time management and task prioritization skills.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Advertising industry experience, including additional relevant intern experience, is a significant plus.
• A passion for the business of television and an interest in advertising.
• Self-starter; able to work independently.
• Experience interfacing with clients.
• Outstanding academic credentials.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.