NBC Universal Finance Manager, Ad Sales in New York, New York
Job Number 34350BR
Job Title Finance Manager, Ad Sales
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Finance
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
NBCU National Ad Sales is a 1300 person organization supporting approximately $7 billion of revenue across Broadcast, Cable and Digital Platforms. Ad Sales Finance supports all revenue reporting, forecasting, operational management of costs as well as incentive compensation design and administration for the salesforce. Primary responsibilities include oversight of the linear sales organization P&L (includes network, cable properties, and sports group television ad sales) and Balance Sheet, closing activities, quarterly forecasting, and oversight of the annual budget process.
The Finance Manager, Ad Sales position is a dynamic role on the Ad Sales Finance team that will play a key role in ensuring strong controllership, driving operational excellence and supporting new growth opportunities. This role will work closely with financial and operational leadership and have exposure to all aspects of the national and digital sales organization. Primary responsibilities include oversight of the linear ad sales team’s P&L (multiple department expenses) and Balance Sheet, closing activities,
quarterly forecasting, and oversight of the annual budget process.
• Support monthly and quarterly close processes through accurate pacing updates, variance analysis, standard reporting packages
• Manage all aspects of the organization’s financial closes, including the preparation and accuracy of the financial statements and related reporting requirements
• Assist in the development and preparation of the annual business plan, including designing the final senior management presentation
• Partner with department heads to develop and adhere to annual budgets and collaborate on operational analyses to drive process improvements and growth including monthly reviews with the senior sales leadership teams
• Risk and Opportunities Management – create and manage the necessary tools to identify risks and opportunities vs. budget and communicate early and effectively to management
• Foster relationships with other finance teams throughout NBCU, as well as key operational leaders throughout the organization
• Act as the liaison between the network finance team and the sales organization on a variety of administrative and financial matters
• Four year degree (B.A., B.S.) in Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive Corporate finance experience
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel with track record of complex model building e.g. pivot tables, V look-ups, SUM ifs, automation of link updates
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.