NBC Universal Interactive Designer in New York, New York
Job Number 35443BR
Job Title Interactive Designer
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
SYFY is a global, multiplatform media brand that gives science fiction fans of all kinds a universe to call home. Celebrating the genre in all its forms, SYFY super-serves passionate fans with original science fiction, fantasy, paranormal and superhero programming, live event coverage and imaginative digital and social content. The brand is powered by SYFY WIRE (www.SYFYWIRE.com), the premier portal for breaking genre news, insight and commentary. SYFY is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
• Design high-fidelity graphics and interfaces for desktop, mobile, tablets and connected TV devices.
• Visualize complex user flows and create intuitive, responsive web interfaces for various screens.
• Translate project requirements from concept to visual design by developing functional wireframes, mockups, specifications and final creative.
• Collaborate with design and development teams throughout the entire process to ensure to that all creative, business and usability requirements are met.
• Work closely with all project stakeholders, including editorial, development, social, marketing and project management.
• Develop art, promotional graphics and information graphics to support editorial, network programming and other digital content and social initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in design or related field.
• 3+ years of experience, including the design of complex responsive web sites and mobile/tablet applications.
• A passion for designing compelling user experiences.
• Strong visual design skills, including typography, composition, and use of color.
• Expert command of Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Experience with HTML/CSS including best practices.
• Must be self-motivated, able to manage and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to contribute to ideation and concept development.
• Must be willing to work in New York.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Experience with responsive site design, including wireframing/prototyping in Sketch or equivalent software.
• Experience designing for editorial, including creating custom illustration and infographics.
• Ability to work from and develop style guides.
• Motion graphics experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.