NBC Universal Local Sales Manager, WNJU in New York, New York
Job Number 33586BR
Job Title Local Sales Manager, WNJU
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM WNJU
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
WNJU / Telemundo 47 seeks a dynamic Local / National Sales Manager who will lead, motivate, and inspire our Account Managers to exceed revenue goals across multiple platforms, in a fast paced environment. We are searching for an experienced leader who has a proven track record of building strong sales teams and growing market share. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing business from Advertising Agencies and Local Direct Accounts; a creative thinker that can formulate out of the box ideas that will generate new business for the station.
-Develop and execute strategies to achieve local sales goals across multiple media platforms
-Lead, coach, and motivate a team of Account Managers
-Recruit and hire top talent
-Foster a positive environment that recognizes and celebrates great performance
-Act as Olympic/Confed Cup Lead/ and Digital Captain for the team
• Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years broadcast sales management experience, with a proven track record of successful revenue generation and station share increases; proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; as well as knowledge of traffic systems.
• Established relationships at all levels of the Advertising Agencies / Media Organizations; Direct Client contacts a plus
• Thorough understanding of the New York Hispanic and General Market sales dynamics
Strong negotiation skills
• Engaged within the local community and willing to dedicate time outside of the workday, entertaining and socializing with clients and business community leaders
• Effective communicator, who can effectively build strong internal and external relationships.
Multi-tasker – who can excel while working on multiple projects
• Assumes a leadership role for Local and National Sales team to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to grow revenue and market share using the stations broadcast.
Knowledge of Sports Sales -Confed Cup / World Cup / Olympics
-Strong digital background
-Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms
-Solid Business Development background
-Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
-Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products
• Effective Inventory manager
• Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve
• History of identifying and recruiting top talent
• Highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit
• Communicates clearly and consistently to upper management the station's inventory and pricing strategy, business development goals and current market conditions to drive results.
• Works closely with Traffic department on inventory and pricing strategies, along with special opportunity sales.
• Understands online and website sales execution/strategies.
• Working knowledge of the political sales process and paid programming sales a plus.
The following leadership skills are strongly desired:
• Bi-lingual a plus
• Ability to set strategy and tactically execute the sales strategy
• Ability to multi-task
• Should be assertive, high energy, independent, self-motivated, results oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale
• Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including formal presentations before both small and large groups