NBC Universal Manager, Consumer Marketing in New York, New York
Job Number 36557BR
Job Title Manager, Consumer Marketing
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Oxygen Media is a multiplatform crime destination brand for women. Since announcing a full-time shift to crime programming in 2017, Oxygen has become the fastest growing cable entertainment network with popular unscripted original programming that includes the flagship “Snapped” franchise, “The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway,” “The Jury Speaks,” “Cold Justice,” “Three Days to Live,” and “It Takes A Killer.” Available in more than 77 million homes, Oxygen is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
As a Manager of Consumer Marketing at Oxygen, you will have the opportunity to own key steps in the media planning process as well as the full execution of marketing campaigns that drive awareness of and tune-in to Oxygen shows and overall brand, as well as digital product initiatives. Oxygen marketing plans are inclusive of all promotional platforms including paid off-channel TV, paid Social, Digital, OOH, Print, brand partnerships, events and promotions, and experience with all will be prioritized. You will report directly to the Senior Director of Consumer Marketing. The ideal candidate will be an engaged and enthusiastic marketer with media savvy and strong people and project management skills. A candidate who is positive, open-minded, thoughtful and curious in nature, with a proven ability to solve problems creatively and work independently is needed. Media agency or TV network experience a must. Deep curiosity about the media industry and current trends needed for success. Must work well with others, in all cases.
• Using past planning and buying experience in evaluating off-channel marketing campaigns on all platforms. Work in close partnership with external agencies and partners to create robust and innovative media plans.
• Own the execution of marketing campaigns – from creative development to trafficking -- while working in close collaboration with other departments across disciplines including but not limited to Oxygen Creative, Press, Digital, and Sales Marketing groups
• Monitor and assess competitive activity to determine implications to Oxygen and proactively suggest action plans where opportunities exist.
• 4-5 years overall media and marketing experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (job #:36557BR)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Media Agency or TV network experience a big plus
• Very familiar with Social Media platforms from a user standpoint
• Self-identify as a team player with a true ability to work on multiple projects at once
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• An interest in the true crime entertainment genre; entertainment & pop culture enthusiast
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.