NBC Universal Manager, IRMO Service Continuity / Disaster Recovery in New York, New York
Job Number 32759BR
Job Title Manager, IRMO Service Continuity / Disaster Recovery
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
NBCUniversal (NBCU) seeks an accomplished professional who has demonstrated expertise and leadership abilities related to assurance in the areas of technology continuity and resiliency and related governance processes. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Technology Information Risk Management Organization (IRM), the optimal candidate will possess relevant managerial and leadership level experience from a “Big 4”, professional Consulting services firm and/or “Internal Audit” at large commercial enterprise with a mix of IT auditing and/or consulting experience, including a proven record of accomplishment and progression. This position will assist the Sr. Director of Information Risk Management Organization (IRMO) with establishing the Technology Service Continuity strategy, development of and execution of an annual/multi-year implementation plan as well as departmental practices and processes. This enables the Information Risk Management Organization (IRMO) to fulfill its service continuity responsibilities NBCU. The role acts as the function’s primary liaison with Technology Leadership (CIO, VP’s, CISO) as well as work with Business Units, Technology Operations, Architecture and Infrastructure Team and Application Owners; collaboratively develops a risk based technology service continuity plan and strategy; assists IRMO and company management by assessing technology service continuity risks, processes and controls; assist the IRMO function with the development of periodic technology service continuity exercises and contributes to business impact analysis of critical NBCU assets.
• Assist Sr. Director of Risk Management in enabling IRMO stay abreast of current and emerging resiliency risks that could impact NBCU, including current or proposed cyber compliance frameworks and regulations such as but not limited to NIST, FFIEC, HIPAA, ISO, PCI, and CSA.
• Maintain and contribute to enterprise-wide resiliency policies and tools in collaboration with business groups, business continuity management, incident management, information security and all business technology groups throughout the enterprise in order to define technology service continuity requirements.
• Support businesses and application owners in the determination and documentation of continuity requirements, e.g., Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives (RTO/RPO)
• Contribute to the design, development and review of Technology Service Continuity plans to ensure completeness and accuracy and, to challenge business relevance.
• Provide oversight for the completion of documentation and exercises/tests, including monitoring and facilitating the exercise of test plans, coordination of Business and Technology participation in exercises.
• Manage internal and external resources to actively pursue the mitigation of gaps identified through the evaluation, assessment, or exercise of the Technology Service Continuity Program. This may include policy or methodology changes, process adjustments, or risk acceptance or avoidance options.
• Supervise a team of Senior Associates and Associate to support the Technology Service Continuity Management program
• Oversee and develop the process to gather, analyze, and report Technology Service Continuity Management Status, Metrics and KPI’s to VP’s, peers, and senior management.
• Develop and conduct training and awareness activities towards business process and technology owners in their responsibilities regarding Technology Service Continuity.
• Liaise and build effective working relationships with Business Continuity and Incident teams to increase effectiveness of Technology Service Continuity and Business Resilience.
• Gather, analyze, and report TSCM status, metrics and KPI’s
• 5+ years diversified experience with “big 4” and/or “Internal Audit” at large, complex business organization.
• Deep understanding of Enterprise Resiliency Strategy and Governance concepts
• Solid experience in Recovery Management frameworks and standards including NIST, ISO, PCI, and CSA.
• Demonstrated experience in Disaster Recovery across various IT platforms, web, middleware, cloud services, database, operating systems and social media.
• Technical skills in using GRC platforms to perform DR management
• Project management and change management experience
• Knowledge of general information security concepts and methods
• Deep appreciation for various regulatory frameworks as it relates to Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery.
• Project management experience with system implementations and other change events through a clearly defined methodology
A Bachelor's degree as well as one or more relevant certifications (e.g., CBCP, MBCP, CFCP, FBCI, CRISC, CISSP, and/or CISM).
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.