NBC Universal Marketing Manager, MSNBC & NBC News in New York, New York
Job Number 34647BR
Job Title Marketing Manager, MSNBC & NBC News
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Marketing
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Marketing Manager is responsible for working with key MSNBC & NBC News stakeholders to market and increase sales for MSNBC, Nightly News, Meet the Press, and NBCNews.com. Reporting to the VP of Network Partnerships for MSNBC & NBC News, this position will act as a key conduit between MSNBC & NBC News (editorial) teams and the sales team to effectively translate the following: a brand’s/client’s needs into actionable cross-media programs from ideation through campaign launch; and MSNBC & NBC News editorial initiatives into sellable opportunities.
• Client-Specific RFPs & Brainstorms: partner with sales and Network Partnership Director and VP to formulate marketable sales strategies that are customized to fit specific client objectives; includes brainstorming and liaising with site editorial/production teams to create compelling NBC News & MSNBC sales programs
• Optimize Sales Campaigns: Oversee the post-sale process including creating TV billboards, launching a digital special report, or working through a branded content campaign. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing campaigns from start to finish, including wrap-up reports when the program concludes.
• Sales Collateral: create NBC News & MSNBC sales materials, programming/event show sheets, case studies, research one-sheets, etc.
• Internal Communication/Facilitation: Act as a point of contact for inbound NBC News & MSNBC marketing requests and liaise with all appropriate NBC News & MSNBC groups (digital sales, on-air marketing/sales, editorial, research, etc.) to facilitate efficient communication. Educate internal constituents on key NBC News & MSNBC priorities.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience at an agency, media company, sales organization, where the individual was responsible for presentation, creative and promotion development
• External candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong interpersonal skills with internal and external clients
• Excellent writing skills for internal and external communication
• Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Attention to detail, excellent comprehension
• Understanding of presentation development—format, design
• Experience working with brand advertising and marketing
• Familiarity with the development and execution of sponsorships and promotions
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and media in general
• Thorough knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop etc. and presentation proficiencies
• Experience with the creative development process with key stakeholders (sales, marketing, and editorial)
• Event planning experience
• Ability to derive insights from the data
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.