NBC Universal Marketing Manager, Network Partnerships, News in New York, New York
Job Number 35169BR
Job Title Marketing Manager, Network Partnerships, News
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Marketing
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The TODAY Marketing Manager will play an integral role in the creative development and execution of marketing solutions that will create meaningful, cross-platform experiences for clients. This role will also be responsible for working with key TODAY stakeholders to market and increase sales for the TODAY Show. Reporting to the Director of Network Partnerships for TODAY, this position will act as a key conduit between TODAY (editorial) teams and the sales team to effectively translate the following: a) a brand’s/client’s needs into actionable cross-media programs from ideation through campaign launch; and b) TODAY editorial initiatives into sellable opportunities.
• Client-Specific RFPs & Brainstorms: Partner with sales and Network Partnership VP and Director to formulate marketable sales strategies that are customized to fit specific client objectives; includes brainstorming and liaising with site editorial/production teams to create compelling on-air, digital, and 360 sales programs
• Optimize Sales Campaigns: Oversee the post-sale process including creating TV billboards, launching an on-air integration, and working through digital, social and branded content campaigns. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing campaigns from start to finish, including wrap-up reports when the program concludes.
• Sales Collateral: Create TODAY sales materials, programming/event show sheets, case studies, research one-sheets, etc.
• Internal Communication/Facilitation: Act as a point of contact for inbound TODAY marketing requests and liaise with all appropriate TODAY, NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC marketing teams (on-air/digital marketing/sales, editorial, research, etc.) when cross-network opportunities arise. Facilitate efficient communication and educate internal constituents on key TODAY Show priorities.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience at an agency, media company, sales organization, where the individual was responsible for presentation, creative and promotion development
• External candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong interpersonal skills with internal and external clients
• Excellent writing skills for internal and external communication
• Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Attention to detail, excellent comprehension
• Understanding of presentation development—format, design
• Experience working with brand advertising and marketing
• Familiarity with the development and execution of sponsorships and promotions
• Knowledge of cross-platform marketing including on-air, digital and social, as well as the overall sales process and media in general
• Ability to take charge when given direction and able to move projects forward
• Thorough knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop etc. and presentation proficiencies
• Experience with the creative development process with key stakeholders (sales, marketing, and editorial)
• Event planning experience
• Ability to derive insights from the data
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.