NBC Universal Payroll Accountant, Harry in New York, New York
Job Number 34489BR
Job Title Payroll Accountant, Harry
Business Segment NBC Entertainment
Sub-Business NBC Ent First Run Syndication
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Payroll Accountant for “Harry” will manage the payroll functions for all employees, staff and freelance, on a weekly basis. This individual will report to the Lead Accountant. This is a Run of Show position.
• Oversee all payroll for show, includes exempt, nonexempt, freelance and union population.
• Enter/confirm on a weekly basis that all times are entered and coded correctly into Timekeeper for Staff population, and manually calculate timecards and verify reports for union/non-Staff employees.
• Working knowledge of various union contracts, i.e. NABET, IATSE, AFTRA, DGA. Requires ability to read and understand union contracts.
• Handle talent paperwork and payments, AFTRA fringes, ATL payment schedules and ATL employment agreements.
• Handle various paperwork for Union and non-union employees and some Staff employees as needed.
• Create and keep up-to-date Excel spreadsheets re: DGA payments, writer payments, sick days, overscale payments, contractual increases, and other reports.
• Prepare reports for Production and Legal Departments as necessary.
• Keep Timekeeper system pre-populated with labor distributions for STORM employees.
• Handle per diem payments for travel.
• Process E.P. payroll for Digital Department when requested.
• Process payroll adjustments to timecards.
• Process E.P. location check print and process E.P. invoices and adjustments.
• Process foreign payroll through Sargent-Disc.
• Process holiday and vacation payments of union hires
• Knowledge of Federal and State payroll rules and regulations
• Other ad-hoc duties as outlined by Manager.
• 1+ years episodic production accounting experience
• 3+ years experience as production payroll accountant, duties would have included the processing/input and interface of all payroll.
• Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Vista 5.
• Must have ability to work flexible hours into the evenings and occasional weekend days or holidays due to payroll deadlines.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
• Strong knowledge of AFTRA, NABET, DGA, and IATSE union agreements
• Working knowledge of NBC Universal internal payroll systems a plus
• Working knowledge of all NBC Videotape union weekly strip show agreements desired
• Strong analytical, organizational and detail oriented skills with great attention to detail.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to all reporting deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with various internal and external personnel at show, corporate and vendor levels
• Comfortable working with all levels of management and talent
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.