NBC Universal Principal, Data Engineer, Audience Studio in New York, New York
Job Number 34107BR
Job Title Principal, Data Engineer, Audience Studio
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
As a member of the Sales Research and Analytics Technology (SRAT) Product Engineering Team, the Principal, Data Engineer, Audience Studio will be directly responsible for data design, management, and development as part of building out the necessary platform and products for NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio. NBCUniversal’s audience management products will enable NBCUniversal to better understand its brand’s audiences such as NBC News, Bravo, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, and USA Network as well as audiences that cross brands. The goal is to ensure we know who is watching what, where and when. In turn enabling NBCUniversal’s sales teams to properly align our audiences with the market advertisements that can benefit them the most.
You’re a big thinker who can analyze and evangelize a long range opportunity, architect a ground breaking solution, and roll-up your sleeves to get code out the door when needed. You are data driven and analytical. You understand the concept of a value proposition and evaluation criteria, and you know how to align them with low level milestones to get the work done. You can apply domain knowledge from one technical subject, in order to quickly ramp and deliver on a new one. You know how to learn from failure until you succeed, and you are able to articulate and quantify the reasons for your decisions.
You will be part of the Audience Studio Data Engineering team, participating in the data architecture that will drive both current and future data management initiatives within NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio group.
• Serve as a senior data engineer for audience studio data products.
• Participate in, and execute, a 12-36 month product roadmap with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and SRAT leadership
• Develop and code the data management services that is core to Audience Studio, under the leadership of the VP Architecture
• Support product with the overall roadmap and ensure updates to senior leadership are 100% technically correct.
• Analyze and report results and adjust the overall engineering strategy accordingly with engineering leadership
• Bachelor¹s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5-10+ years of software development experience, as a developer or manager
• 1-2 years of experience as a development manager (with direct authority over development staff)
• 2-5+ years of experience with digital advertising technologies.
• Strong OO design, data structure, and algorithm design skills
• Fluency in at least 1 of the following programming languages (C, C++, Ruby, R, SAS, MapR, Python)
• 2-5+ years of experience with both relational database design (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), big data, real-time technologies
• Proficient in scalable computing mechanisms such as Hadoop and Amazon Elastic MapReduce
• Experience in web application development and associated skills (REST, HTTP, web services)
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Able to easily transition between high-level strategy and day-to-day implementation
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.