NBC Universal Producer, Short Form Production in New York, New York
Job Number 35569BR
Job Title Producer, Short Form Production
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Sub-Business Universal Kids
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
• Develop, write and produce a variety of engaging short form content for the preschool and 6-11 audiences. This includes on-air, off-air and digital platforms.
• Manage multiple projects in production while incubating new ones.
• 7+ years of proven experience in children’s media as a content creator.
• Experience working in live-action, animation and mixed-media
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Highly creative, with an eye for quality, taste and style.
• Deep knowledge and passion for children’s content.
• Strong spoken/written communicator with the ability to develop creative and concise storytelling for a variety of young audiences.
• Ability to guide the creative process; communicating a constructive analysis of work, giving notes and punching up writing - making great work extraordinary.
• Must be self-motivated and embody our spirit of curiosity and discovery.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; with ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Proven ability working with technical artists that shoot, edit and design.
• Ability to collaborate with multiples business partners such as production management, programming, marketing and digital teams.
• Must work well under deadlines and be awesome at helping others manage pressure situations.
• Ability to assist in developing a strong and diverse skill set across our production team; creating a culture that places a premium on ideas, creativity, innovation and collaboration.
• Ability to manage and develop a team.
• Proven team player with a sense of humor that is intact.
• Must be just as passionate about kids as we are!
• Ability to edit rough cuts is desired but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.