NBC Universal Senior Producer, MSNBC The 11th Hour in New York, New York
Job Number 33500BR
Job Title Senior Producer, MSNBC The 11th Hour
Business Segment NBC News Group
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
Job Purpose: MSNBC’s Brian Williams brings you every late-breaking headline and puts each day into sharp context.
Join the 11th Hour team as a senior producer and be responsible for creating, producing and supervising the daily broadcast and segments for “The 11th Hour with Brian Williams”.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and supervise control room with EP
• Assist in the supervision of the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show
• Supervise and copy edit segment producers’ scripts
• Coach and mentor show staff
• Write and produce segments on occasion
• Become involved in planning process
• Discuss day-of correspondent requests with desk
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc).
• Must have at least 3 years of control room experience
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Strong writing and teasing skills
• Thorough knowledge of and strong interest in politics and current events
• Strong time management skills