NBC Universal Senior Producer, MSNBC Weekends in New York, New York
Job Number 34294BR
Job Title Senior Producer, MSNBC Weekends
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
Job Purpose: This Senior Producer position is a part of the MSNBC Weekend team.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the supervision of the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show
• Supervise and copy edit segment producers’ scripts
• Coach and mentor show staff
• Write and produce segments on occasion
• Contribute ideas for planning process
• Control room supervisor
• Discuss day-of correspondent requests with desk
• Work closely with producers on material for digital
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc).
• Must have at least 3 years of control room experience preferred but not required
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules can rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Strong writing and teasing skills
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Strong time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.