NBC Universal Senior Producer, Weekend Nightly News in New York, New York
Job Number 34122BR
Job Title Senior Producer, Weekend Nightly News
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Sub-Business NBC News
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Senior Producer role works directly with the executive producer, anchor, and staff to generate and oversee the production of hard news and enterprise segments for the weekend edition of NBC Nightly News. Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee and manage production teams including producers, associate producers, researchers, and correspondents from story inception to air
• Generate story ideas and evaluate pitches
• Assist in line producing broadcast
• Coordinate ongoing news coverage for broadcast
• Serve as leader/mentor in the Nightly newsroom
• Supervise direct reports
• Produce live network special reports during weekends
• Fill-in for Executive Producer several times a year
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Must have at least seven years of experience in editorial and show production at the network level, preferably on with evening broadcasts.
• Must have demonstrated mastery of and passion for being in and, at times, leading a live control room
• Must have strong writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Must have prior staff management experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
• Must be willing to work Weekend (Wednesday – Sunday) schedule
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong storytelling ability
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
• Familiarity with social media and emerging digital platforms
• Team player with a desire to mentor journalists
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.