NBC Universal Senior Vice President, Labor Relations in New York, New York
Job Number 34269BR
Job Title Senior Vice President, Labor Relations
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Corporate Legal
Posting Category Legal & Business Affairs
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Senior Vice President, Labor Relations is a newly created position responsible for developing labor relations strategy and providing advice and counsel to senior business, HR and finance leaders, with specific focus on the Company’s broadcast operations, including NBC News, NBC Sports, NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations, and its East Coast facilities and studio operations. This individual will partner closely with his or her west coast labor relations counterpart and with department colleagues responsible for Employment Law. The Senior Vice President, Labor Relations will report to the Chief Labor and Employment Counsel and will be based in New York, New York.
• Overall responsibility for leading all aspects of NBCUniversal labor relations for the Company’s broadcast television assets.
• Partner with the business leaders of NBC News, NBC Sports Group, NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations, and East Coast facilities and studio operations to develop and implement short- and long-term strategic labor objectives.
• Provide strategic advice and counsel to internal clients, including HR professionals, business leaders, managers and production teams regarding impact of labor laws and union contractual obligations on business initiatives.
• Act as chief spokesperson for Company in collective bargaining negotiations; supervise other labor relations attorneys in negotiations of labor agreements.
• Develop strong, constructive working relationships with labor union representatives.
• Law degree.
• Minimum of 15-20 years labor relations/labor laws experience.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with entertainment industry labor unions or labor relations of similar complexity.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Willingness to be based in New York.
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Extensive experience as chief spokesperson in major labor contract negotiations.
• Substantial labor litigation/arbitration experience.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Clear and strategic thinker, with ability to quickly identify root causes of problems and develop creative and strategic solutions.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including legal and business writing.
• Exceptional t interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships of all levels of the organization.
• Admitted to practice law, New York bar preferred.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.