NBC Universal Spring 2018 Legal Internship – East Coast in New York, New York
Job Number 36609BR
Job Title Spring 2018 Legal Internship – East Coast
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Corporate Human Resources
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
Legal roles are available within many aspects of the business – including, but not limited to:
• Cable Entertainment
• Corporate Legal
Opportunities within these businesses may include, but are not limited to:
• Business & Legal Affairs
• Intellectual Property
• Music Affairs
• Media Distribution
• Enrollment in a Juris Doctor program at an accredited law school
• 2L ranking preferred for most roles
• Excellent legal research and writing skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer literacy (especially with Microsoft Suite programs)
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Academic involvement beyond coursework (e.g. Moot Court, article publication, leadership experience in academic organizations)
• Demonstrated interest in the entertainment industry
• A sense of confidence and discretion
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
• Must be able to work on-site at posted location (see application for details)
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
*Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Intern’s Supervisor and the Talent Acquisition Lead of Campus Programs.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: NOVEMBER 15, 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.