NBC Universal Sr. Director, Marketing in New York, New York
Job Number 34486BR
Job Title Sr. Director, Marketing
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - Marketing
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The Sr. Director of Marketing is responsible for taking a pro-active lead in the strategic development and management of all division wide initiatives and tent pole events. Provides creative and strategic marketing guidance and support to the NBCU Owned Television Station Group Brand Directors.
The Sr. Director of Marketing collaborates with cross-functional partners such as Affiliate Relations, Programming, Sales, Digital, Finance, Legal, Operations and Graphics; cross-divisional partners such as the NBCU networks and other NBCU Business Units. Also works with our syndication partners on marketing priorities.
Works with SVP of Marketing on Symphony projects and will be represent division on the Digital Marketing Council.
· Responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies for division wide initiatives
· Supervises marketing coordinator and any freelance creative needed
Oversees division marketing efforts including trade ads, presentations and conferences
· Responsible for all group contracts (I.e music licensing deals)
· Collaborates with internal and external partners to maximize marketing opportunities
· Represents marketing HQ team in external and internal meetings
Support stations marketing efforts for live events such as Olympics and FIFA
· 5+ years of marketing experience at a local station with a demonstrated ability to proactively lead marketing initiatives
· Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships and influence teams
· Knowledge of and/or ability to speak Spanish
· Strategic thinking and analytical abilities
· Previous experience managing direct reports
· Strong project planning and organizational skills
· Comprehensive problem-solving abilities
· Creation and supervision of presentations for the SVP
· Creative thinker and ability to collaborate in a creative environment
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be willing to travel
· Must live in the NY area
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
· University degree required.
· Learn/expand knowledge of relevant software: Cision, Lexis Nexis, Excel, Photoshop, Powerpoint;
· A strong writing background is required as is knowledge of promo production
· Applicants should be self-starters, enthusiastic, flexible, outgoing, professional, detail-oriented and be able to think on their feet
· Team-player with previous exposure to senior level executives and managers
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.