NBC Universal Support Operations Specialist in New York, New York
Job Number 34302BR
Job Title Support Operations Specialist
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBC Owned Television Stations is the division of NBCUniversal that includes 10 local television stations and their digital channels and websites, as well as a group of out-of-home properties and a production company. The ten stations produce and deliver compelling and unique local news, information and entertainment programming to viewers in the communities they serve, which include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas-Fort Worth, Washington, D.C., Miami, San Diego and Connecticut, with a goal of connecting to their audiences anytime and anywhere.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
The NBC Local Integrated Media team is seeking a Support Operations Professional for its online and digital properties. The applications supported are components of online web applications; this is NOT a desktop support role. This exciting role is part of a new team focusing on new Internet technologies and product development. We are looking for a strong team player, knowledgeable in online products (news sites, video, content management systems) and customer service.
Role Purpose: The Support Operations resource is responsible for monitoring and managing all user technical and operational support tickets while also working to resolution, manage any help desk calls, provide technical assistance to our internal teams, and perform as the appointed primary contact person for any system/technical outages as needed. He/She will also be responsible for engaging with the appropriate teams and 3rd party vendors where/when necessary to resolve any issues and requests as needed, while also providing any necessary feedback and/or updates via any associated tickets.
• Provide support assistance during day to day business hours as well as be able to provide after-hours/on-call support coverage 24/7 (including weekends and holidays).
• Manage incoming technical and operational support requests from users and internal teams, while also ensuring tickets are responded to within our specified Service Level Agreements. Categorize, prioritize, and assign support tickets to the appropriate internal groups while also providing feedback to the user as needed.
• Working within various production platforms that are part of our evolving technology stack; Content Management System, Video CMS, Amazon EC2, Content Distribution Network (Akamai) and other online web applications.”
• Basic operations and troubleshooting via a UNIX console, as needed.
• Closely working with our editorial team(s) in various regions, while troubleshooting in realtime to provide timely resolutions, as well as updating tickets accordingly, and providing any necessary communications to our various teams.
• Creating and analyzing production ticket reports to identify trends while working with other teams to create solutions, optimize, and alleviate potential and possible root causes.
• Documenting “How to guides” and performing any necessary knowledge sharing sessions with our team(s).
• Maintaining a calm composure while simultaneously being able to help stakeholders during possible high pressure situations (breaking news, technical outages, etc).
• Performing day to day operational tasks while also providing any necessary user support for our various systems.
• Ability to work, coordinate, and assist with our internal development teams, cross market editors, and various 3rd party vendors as needed.
• 5 to 7 years of experience in supporting production systems (digital).
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Have a general knowledge of various troubleshooting tools; Virtual machines, screen sharing applications, Charles debugging proxy, Web Browser Developer toolbars, and various other web testing utilities.
• Quick learner, self motivated and a self-starter
• Ability to work in fast paced environment while maintaining his/her calm.
• Have Bachelor’s degree
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.