NBC Universal Vice President, Client Strategy in New York, New York
Job Number 36266BR
Job Title Vice President, Client Strategy
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Client Partnerships
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
• Help drive growth across the NBCUniversal portfolio by applying a “Comms Planning” approach – internally and externally – across Comcast/NBCU platforms and assets
• Look at challenges from the client perspective to better understand how we can turn a client’s brand positioning into a fully realized marketing and media investment at scale.
• Master the industry categories you are assigned and be able to engage senior clients on specialized topics that drive their business.
• Work in partnership with the research team to discover insights that can be leveraged for strategic development of an account and a category.
• Apply emerging consumer data and analytics to create innovative media solutions with NBCU’s content and platforms.
• Develop robust strategic models that address client business challenges that span linear, digital, data, and social.
• Develop a conceptual framework for the sales organization to approach advertisers at a strategic top-down level in order to demonstrate the breadth and power of the portfolio to address and move specific category and client KPI’s.
• Partner with sales leadership to advance a consultative selling strategy for Comcast/NBCUniversal Portfolio of assets.
• Track media, culture and market trends as part of a high impact thought leadership program
• Suggest, support and deploy new ad products, strategic partnerships and monetization strategies
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in strategic planning OR brand planning from a media, creative or brand agency, or “Comms” planning or brand strategy from a client side advertiser in media
• Proven broad knowledge of media landscape and competitive set
• Deep understanding of strategic approach to media plan development
• Experience on variety of categories and accounts
• Understanding of business drivers within various ad categories and the ability to connect to media strategy and solutions
• Successful leadership experience and demonstration of ability to work well across an organizational matrix
• Documented success building, managing and retaining high-performance teams
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent executive-level presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Management Consulting experience a plus
• Bachelors degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.