NBC Universal Associate Project Manager, Electrical-New Projects in Orlando, Florida
Job Number 34601BR
Job Title Associate Project Manager, Electrical-New Projects
Business Segment Universal Studios
Sub-Business Universal Orlando
Posting Category Theme Parks – Technical
About Us Universal Orlando® Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who's serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn't take magic to put a smile on a guest's face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you're serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won't just be "doing a job." You'll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
POSITION SUMMARY: This position partners with the Universal Creative department to ensure the new venues’ maintenance/sustainability requirements will be feasible once the venue becomes operational by providing oversight for all Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Show / Ride Vendors to ensure that all commercial and noncommercial electrical equipment and utilities is properly installed by the project. Responsible for ensuring that the work being performed by the Contractors and Vendors is per the drawings and specifications using sound construction practices and good quality workmanship (includes Facilities, Utilities and Ride & Show scopes). This also includes but is not limited to electrical wiring, fixtures, and equipment from 12V to 480V and can include SSC’s, switch gear, breakers, UPS units, motors and motor control centers. Ensures all installations meet National Electric Code and all other applicable codes.
• Partners with the Universal Creative department to ensure the new venues’ maintenance/sustainability requirements will be feasible once the venue becomes operational by providing oversight for all Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Show / Ride Vendors to ensure that all commercial and noncommercial electrical equipment and utilities is properly installed by the project
• Perform quality inspections of any and all controls and electrical installations for a new attraction to ensure that all installations meet current code requirements and good quality workmanship. Responsible for investigating issues or conflicts with existing infrastructure and communicate to the appropriate authority.
• Coordinates with Universal Creative, Contractors, Vendors, Park Operating Departments as required to ensure full information integration within the entire Project Team and Technical Services Departments; reviews all project status data as received from the Responsible Individuals (RI) in order to report updates to Project Management on an on-going basis. Assist with Development and standardizing programs which influence construction, build out and equipment purchases including materials, equipment and spare parts.
• Responsible for the integration and training of repair and upgrades to new attractions, ensuring a smooth transition from project phase into operational phase. Responsible for the implementation of standard operating procedures and safety procedures for venue upgrades.
• Responsible for daily inspections to identify and document issues that may affect the overall smooth operation of the new attraction including correct installation per approved drawings, cleanliness, and accessibility. Propose solutions to field issues as necessary.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
• Required: High school degree or GED
• Preferred: Technical School or Associates degree
7-10 years’ experience in industrial and commercial construction, maintenance facility or a fast paced service company dedicated to electrical repair is required.
1-3 years’ experience in theme park industry is preferred.
Must have the ability to read blueprints, drawings and be able to red-line as-builts.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Required: Valid Florida Driver’s License
• Required: A Master Electrical License or Journeyman Electrical License.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.