NBC Universal Engineer, Reliability Centered Maintenance in Orlando, Florida
Job Number 34631BR
Job Title Engineer, Reliability Centered Maintenance
Business Segment Universal Studios
Sub-Business Universal Orlando
Posting Category Theme Parks – Technical
About Us Universal Orlando® Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who's serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn't take magic to put a smile on a guest's face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you're serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won't just be "doing a job." You'll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
Examines existing ride systems and develops plans to improve reliability using methodologies standard to the Reliability field of practice. Analyzes existing data to uncover root cause ride reliability issues and investigates to determine appropriate methods to employ to improve reliability outcomes. Performs FMEA on all critical equipment and develops project plans to remedy reliability problems of various levels of complexity, considering results of a thorough cost/benefit analysis plus constraints of availability of resources, customer wants/needs and availability of equipment.
• Works under general direction from department head, or under general administrative instruction, for performing detailed reliability studies and detailed calculations of component/system reliability, including but not limited to, analysis of the inter-working of critical equipment and their associated FMEAs. Interfaces with technicians, ride supervisors and managers to accomplish reliability goals. Coordinates with Universal Orlando Engineering and outside vendors as required by project scope.
• When required, become part of a team in performing system and subsystem level engineering studies, analyses, assessments and design activities to include current practice evaluation, basic risk modeling, system event and fault tree analyses, human factor analyses, life cycle costs; failure mode effects analyses, tolerance studies, circuit analyses, stress analyses, wear and deterioration analyses, problem identification and reporting, effects of functional testing, rework, repair and required maintenance analysis.
• Develops project plans and initiates Reliability Centered Maintenance (or other similar methodologies as appropriate) engineering studies into the Universal Orlando equipment/process matrix and presents details of the analysis.
• Performs Root Cause Failure Analysis and develops cost impact data of remedial action for correcting reliability problems on installed equipment
• Develops cost impact data of recommended action plans for avoiding/correcting problems during the design phase of projects
• Manages associated projects from design through installation to include project schedules, testing, training and budget demands.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Scope includes all equipment maintained by Tech Services at Universal Orlando Attractions with respect to the Major Responsibilities described above. The job’s primary functions are to 1) originate and develop analysis methods for resolving reliability issues associated with components, equipment, and processes, 2) conduct appropriate analysis of reliability problems - prepare diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements, 3) determine the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures, and 4) manage reliability-improvement projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility satisfactorily. The individual must have knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and process control systems plus operating and maintenance procedures as they apply to these systems, preferably in a theme park environment. The individual must have the technical knowledge and/or skills to communicate effectively and perform detailed analysis of reliability issues. The individual must possess a high-level of problem solving ability and be able to multi-task effectively.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required – Industrial Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• CMRP certification preferred
• Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
• NAARSO Certification Level 2 preferred
A minimum of 5 years of experience is required in the areas of engineering, design and/or maintenance of light to medium duty electrical and mechanical devices. Experience in the theme park industry is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable. Lean/Six Sigma & continuous improvement background.
The individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The individual must also have experience with an industrial-quality CMMS system, preferably Maximo. The individual must have the ability to 1) read and interpret English-language documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, 2) write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, 3) effectively present information in one-on-one and small group environments. Periodic travel may be required.
A valid Florida state driver’s license is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.