NBC Universal Japanese Operations Translator-Fellowship in Orlando, Florida
Job Number 35653BR
Job Title Japanese Operations Translator-Fellowship
Business Segment NBC Sports Group
Sub-Business Golf Channel
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Part of the NBC Sports Group family, Golf Channel is a multimedia, golf entertainment and services company based in Orlando, Fla. In addition to its high-quality news, instruction and original programming, Golf Channel is home to more live golf than all other networks combined. Our coverage includes PGA TOUR, LPGA Tour, NCAA National Championships, The Open, Olympics and a slate of other worldwide tours and events. Golf Channel continues to connect the world to golf through a wide array of digital and lifestyle services including: Golf Channel Digital platforms, GolfNow, GolfAdvisor.com, Golf Channel Academy instructional facilities and Golf Channel Amateur Tour
Career Level Entry-Level
Country United States
English >Japanese translation and voice-over of Golf Channel’s nightly news, instructional and entertainment programming from its Orlando, Florida headquarters. The Japanese Operations Fellowship is a 6-month opportunity where the Fellow will develop their existing translation skills for use in the broadcast industry.
• Create English >Japanese translations of golf programming and generate typewritten scripts to be used for voice-over sessions.
• Proofread English >Japanese translations of golf programming performed by other translators.
• Voice-over Japanese golf programming in live and post-production environments
• Perform occasional simultaneous interpretation (English >Japanese) and live Japanese voicing of golf highlights, news stories, features, etc.
Minimum Qualifications• Native Japanese ability (Tokyo Standard, reading, writing, speaking)
• Near-native English ability (reading, writing, speaking)
• Excellent knowledge of the game of golf (mechanics, scoring, etc.) and its vernacular
• Minimum of 2 years of English >Japanese translation experience; broadcast setting preferred
• Proficiency using Japanese OS and word processing (Microsoft)
• Ability to translate English >Japanese under tight deadlines
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:)
• Ability to work in Orlando, FL office
• Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
• English to Japanese simultaneous interpretation a plus
• Japanese voice-over experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.