NBC Universal Managing Editor/ Executive Producer in Phoenix, Arizona
Job Number 34129BR
Job Title Managing Editor/ Executive Producer
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM SW Region
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 17 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Enterprise strong unique local content and meet deadlines.
• Communicate clear expectations for quality content and the needs of our audience.
• Help guide TV staff in journalism best practices and content showcasing.
• Oversee short- and long-term planning for content (breaking news, enterprise and investigation) and drive team coverage of big breaking stories and severe weather.
• Motivate, coach, develop and keep staff focused to ensure excellent performance.
• Produce live and taped broadcasts from conception to air, which includes the planning, writing, copy-editing, and on-air timing of the shows.
• Coordinate newsgathering and production efforts with producers, directors, creative services and other managers involved with the production of the newscasts.
• Provide supervision, management oversight and mentoring to Producers, News writers and general assignment reporter and news staff.
• Responsible for managing the production of news specials, entertainment shows and other productions outside of the regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Performs as Line Producer and other related duties as assigned by News Director.
• Contribute to and develop content for digital platforms.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience producing newscasts for Spanish-language television.
• Proven ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish.
• Proven ability to understand and communicate well in a duo Spanish/English-speaking environment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in live and tape production processes and techniques.
• Minimum 2 years’ working experience leading, mentoring, managing and motivating people.
• Must have the ability to work weekends and cover different shifts as needed.
• Must be proactive and a self-motivated individual.
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, AZ.
• Must have a valid Driver’s license and able to drive without restrictions.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV and work samples online to be considered.
• Must be completely fluent in Spanish and English (speak, read & write).
• Must be willing and able to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required.
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Knowledge of iNews is preferred.
• Knowledge of Non-linear editing strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of social media and Web content in order to succeed in today’s multi-platform communications environment.
• Able to work productively under the pressure of immediate and intense deadlines on a regular basis.
• Must be a creative person with a positive attitude that will be motivated and be a motivating team leader with the ability to bring out the best efforts of the team.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and manage the News team with fairness and integrity.
• Must have solid news and editorial judgment along with strong organizational and time management skills to be successful.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.