NBC Universal News Topical Producer in Phoenix, Arizona
Job Number 33297BR
Job Title News Topical Producer
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM SW Region
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 17 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Entice Phoenix & Tucson television audience to watch Noticiero Telemundo Arizona local early and late newscast by conceptualizing, creatively writing, producing and editing superior daily news topicals and on-air image campaigns using non-linear edit system.
• Under tight deadlines, works closely with the news department, news Executive Producer and News Director to execute the strategic goals targeted to an audience with specific interests & demographics.
• Attends news planning and research meetings.
• Creatively writes, produces, edits and uploads content to social media platforms as needed.
• Creatively writes, produces and edits on-air news image campaigns and promotions.
• Creatively writes newscast’s headline, teases and news story content.
• Performs other related news department duties as assigned.
• Spanish language fluency – both written and verbal.
• Strong connection to local news and storytelling.
• Two years promotion experience writing, producing and editing daily news topicals preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to edit on non-linear editing systems.
• Strong creative copy writing skills.
• Extensive knowledge of television production procedures and news operations with a background in on-air promotions, journalism or mass communication.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects simultaneously and produce engaging promos under tight deadlines.
• Exposure to developing on-air marketing strategy.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with different personalities while under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines under pressure.
• Ability to work well without constant supervision.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Self-starter and proactive thinker with strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Phoenix, AZ location.
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.