NBC Universal Community and Press Manager in San Diego, California
Job Number 35045BR
Job Title Community and Press Manager
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - KNSD
Posting Category Communications
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City San Diego
• Initiate and coordinate stations’ community outreach efforts. Work with various departments to further both station’s identity and mission through strategic community projects and campaigns.
• Manage all administrative and coordination aspects related to community projects and campaigns.
• Act as primary liaison to community groups and internal liaison with both NBC 7 and Telemundo 20 news, sales and promotion departments on community projects. This includes coordination of talent appearances, sponsor partnerships, promotional opportunities and news coverage.
• Manage press relations for both stations including press releases to local and national press, coordination of press interviews with talent and NBC 7 executives and calls with the press leads at corporate and other owned stations.
• Manage NBC 7 & Telemundo 20 local event booths. Spearhead activities for the booth to encourage interaction with the community and manage the NBC 7 street team who works the booths.
• Responsible for the coordination of production for public service announcements and scheduling.
• Maintain the station and community page on both websites.
• Design and order station merchandise for community and station use.
• Represent the station on panels, functions and speaking engagements as appropriate.
• Help manage the Creative Services intern.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Community Relations and/or Public Relations
• Strong public speaking ability with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge of San Diego’s socio-economic market. Familiarity with word, excel, and PowerPoint.
• Self-starter with strong organizational and project management abilities.
• Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online at www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work flexible hours when needed
• Must be willing to work in San Diego, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years old or greater
• BA/BS desired
• Change agent- must embrace and drive significant process change across the station
• Superior organizational skills- must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities with confidence, balance, and vigor.
• Process-oriented: Analyze current processes and help implement improvements for continuous operating growth
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.