NBC Universal NBC 7 Spring Promotion, Community & Graphic Design Internship in San Diego, California
Job Number 36140BR
Job Title NBC 7 Spring Promotion, Community & Graphic Design Internship
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Corporate Human Resources
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
Country United States
City San Diego
NBC 7 and Telemundo 20 San Diego Internships provide students with real world experience and exposure to working in television industry. Internships at NBC 7 and Telemundo 20 are paid and do not require course credit.
Summer – Apply online between Feb 1 and March 31. Candidates selected by April 30.
Fall – Apply online between May 1 and June 30. Candidates selected by July 31.
Winter/Spring – Apply online between September 1 and October 31. Candidates selected by November 30.
• Provide graphic design support using PhotoShop
• Assist with production assistant on commercial shoots.
• Update social media for NBC 7’s community webpage and twitter accounts
• Write copy for news teasers and help write press releases.
• Market the station by running the community booth at a variety of sponsored walks and festivals.
• Scan through newscasts to send out segments to internal and external clients.
• Must be functional in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Experience in PhotoShop preferred.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of Sophomore or above
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• The ability to work at the San Diego station
• Eager to learn
• Work as a team player
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.