NBC Universal Producer, KNSD in San Diego, California
Job Number 34131BR
Job Title Producer, KNSD
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - KNSD
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City San Diego
As a News Producer, you will be responsible for the creation of a daily newscast.
• Conceptualize stories with story producers, reporters, and talent
• Critique production, writing and editing of news stories.
• Work with newscast directors, creative, promotion and news staff to coordinate production of the newscast.
• Produce newscasts and other broadcast content in an automated production control environment
• Edit news content using non-linear editing equipment.
• Manage the newscast story producers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as broadcast producer
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or related field
• At least 1 year prior news editing experience
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and write intros and leads to video online content
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP style writing and guidelines
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
• Internal applicants must submit via myNBCU Careers
• Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have valid drivers license
• Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
• Must submit a sample of own work to be considered
• Ability to direct the news crew in a "producer-driven” environment
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Strong organizational skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.