NBC Universal Local Sales Manager - KNTV in San Francisco, California
Job Number 34516BR
Job Title Local Sales Manager - KNTV
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - KNTV
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City San Francisco
NBC Bay Area is looking for a Local Sales Manager to lead a team of Account Executives. The successful candidate will work with the VP of Sales to formulate sales strategies to grow station revenue and share. The Local Sales Manager will supervise a team of Account Executives who will develop a solid understanding of our ad products and have strong consultative selling skills to be able to best develop solutions to meet client needs and close deals.
• Manage and develop Account Executives within the Sales Department.
• Train and motivate Account Executives to achieve and surpass revenue targets.
• Compile pricing, sales planning, inventory management market growth and revenue forecasting functions.
• Analyze and articulate local ratings and demographics.
• Develop strategies to enhance traditional revenue opportunities as well as identify new revenue streams (Digital, FEP, Social).
• Develop growth revenue by focusing on “conversion” targets from other media including radio, print, online and cable.
• Represent and promote online advertising opportunities on NBC owned television websites and digital channels. Identify and market to previously undeveloped advertisers the value and benefit of TV and digital advertising.
• Entertain clients/prospects during none business hours including weeknights and weekends.
• Secure new accounts. Increase sales volume through direct-sales efforts and by assisting account executives in the field.
• Work with Research to create new presentations and determine estimates on programs.
• Minimum of 5 years of previous broadcast/radio/print advertising experience
• Working knowledge of Nielsen audience data
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in downtown San Francisco
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 years of previous team management experience in broadcast/radio/print advertising, TV preferred
• Experienced Business Development background
• Internet & Digital Media sales and advertising experience preferred
• Goal oriented, results driven professional
• Displays a positive work ethic
• Ability to generate new and creative ideas
• Solution oriented and a problem solver
• Strong organizational skills with proven multitasking and prioritization expertise
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.