NBC Universal Producer, Digital Video in San Francisco, California
Job Number 34250BR
Job Title Producer, Digital Video
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City San Francisco
CNBC is seeking an experienced Video Producer to join the growing technology team in the San Francisco bureau. This candidate should be comfortable in all aspects of video production and possess a unique storytelling voice. The candidate will be tasked with developing short documentary-style video stories tailored for mobile, social and digital audiences. Editorial judgment, writing, editing and reporting experience are necessary skillsets.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field, as well as produce strong journalism from his/her desk using text, graphics, and third-party footage to build engaging segments. The digital producer will be asked to pitch and create engaging videos and will assist other producers/reporters to shoot and edit a myriad of stories. Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with special attention to technology and business news will be successful in this role.
• Four-year college degree with course work/major emphasis on communications, TV/Web production, journalism or multimedia studies
• 5+ years of experience shooting, producing and editing digital/social native video in an online or television media environment
• Experience editing on Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
• Experience with DSLR and cinema camera shooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Strong knowledge of current events and technology news
• Solid scriptwriting ability and punchy copy writing/video annotation skills a must
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience
• Highly collaborative, strong communicator and creative
• Ability to edit well-paced original videos using social best practices targeting Facebook, Twitter and related platforms
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills, working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required please provide links when applying
• Ability and willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours like nights and weekends when needed
• Masters degree in journalism or film production
• Photography experience
• Skills in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.