NBC Universal Research Director in Santa Fe, Mexico
Job Number 33670BR
Job Title Research Director
Business Segment Global Distribution and International
Sub-Business International UNI
Posting Category Research
About Us NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
City Santa Fe
The Research Director will oversee the research department across the region supporting Ad Sales, Programming, Digital, Marketing and the On Air departments, on all audience and market intelligence information for the LATAM region. Director will be responsible for leveraging ratings data and other audience measurement tools to deliver prescriptive insights that drive audience, business development and increased distribution for NBCUniversal brand portfolio.
• Oversight of ratings reporting
• Provide regular insights of audience trends to internal stakeholders and senior management including presentations and storytelling.
• Support the growth of market share in the LATAM region by acting as consultant to the programming team, providing relevant competitor data, analytics and trends.
• Create viewer profiles and target audience analyses
• Oversee tracking of competitive networks and media consumption
• Prioritize demands of departmental day-to-day deliverables while still working on long term projects
• Liaison with Primary research on viewer panel surveys and other research efforts
Collaborate with ad sales on ratings estimates and sales positioning strategy
• Contribute data driven insights for developing successful Programming strategies that are instrumental for reaching Programming goals
• Build and maintain innovative tools for our teams to have the necessary audience and market information for key decision making
• Foster trust in our brands among internal clients
• Plan and evaluate NBCU channels efficency as well as competition channels
• Partner with the Programming team
• Generate periodic reports for team
• Proactively promote market insights within the company
• Keep up-to-date with industry changes, case studies and regulatory impacts through internal and external networks
• Serve as the in-market knowledge base for al local relevant market intelligence information that can help drive the business forward
• Be the NBCUniversal representative key Research and Industry committees events
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.