NBC Universal Senior Video Editor in Santa Monica, California
Job Number 32920BR
Job Title Senior Video Editor
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Studio Technical Operations
About Us At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Santa Monica
The Sr. Video Editor will develop and produce original online video, gifs, and static content for Fandango Movieclips reporting directly into the Head of Video Production.
The Sr. Video Editor is responsible for the pre-production, production and post-production needs in creation of video, gifs, and static content. Video content may range from scripted or semi-scripted to unscripted, from individual segments, sizzle videos, and short-form content/series to longer-form episodes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: writing, producing, budgeting, legal clearances, managing and overseeing a variety of simultaneous projects/productions to ensure delivery of high-quality, compelling content.
The Sr. Video Editor will work with other members of the immediate production team as well as other teams and business units as needed, to synthesize a variety of business needs which may include brand integration, ad sponsorships, and marketing initiatives.
This individual should be able to make confident and intelligent decisions that reflect a solid understanding of the business goals and strategies, while also maintaining the integrity and quality of the products for which they are responsible.
• Conceive, write, produce, edit, shoot, animate, rotoscope, and/or composite video content for an array of video platforms utilized by Fandango and Rotten Tomatoes including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more on an as needed basis.
• Produce and edit a range of material including reactionary content, video essays, news, shorter than short form content (STSF) and more
• Design and animate various graphical elements including typography, vector based art and still imagery based on the latest social media trends
• Rotoscope, composite, and edit video and graphical elements.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest social, internet zeitgeist, pop-culture, and entertainment news trends.
• Collaborate with various departments internally to ensure the efficacy of video production, as it pertains to all business verticals.
• Work with editors, producers and designers to resolve technical or design issues on small screen content.
• Ensure compliance with company guidelines, including deadlines, legal practices, confidentiality, and design standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3¬‐5 years’ experience as a producer/editor, with demonstrated ability to write, research, produce, and edit original content, that adapts to suit audience and subject.
• Master level knowledge of current graphics/compositing software, such as: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
• Strong working knowledge of current audio/video editing hardware and software, such as: Adobe Premiere and Avid Xpress
• Must be self-sufficient in taking projects from start to completion.
• Ability to keep a cool head under pressure and work quickly, accurately, and confidently in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally interact with executive-level staff as well as talent
• Experience conceptualizing designs based on a creative brief.
• Deep understanding of YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms become popular.
• Expert level proficiency in NLE’s and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Deep knowledge of video codecs, DSLR and 4K workflow.
• Strong knowledge of audio mixing and sound design.
• Must be comfortable working on a Mac.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.