NBC Universal Head of Franchise and Retail Marketing, Greater China in Shanghai, China
Job Number 35034BR
Job Title Head of Franchise and Retail Marketing, Greater China
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International Consumer Products
Posting Category Marketing
About Us Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world’s most memorable feature films. The home of Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, ET, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products International oversees NBCUniversal's consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, Illumination Entertainment, DreamWorks Animations and NBC Television. Universal Consumer Products International is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
The Head of Franchise and Retail Marketing for Greater China will have 2 distinct job responsibilities:
Franchise & Event Marketing
Activating the global franchise strategies at a market level by ensuring local relevance and partnering across other business units within the company with the goal of building or maintaining consumer relevance of our most important brands (IP). Managing events such as tradeshows, key partner meetings and consumer facing events.
The development and execution of retail programs in line with Brand guidelines and business objectives with the goal of delivering maximum value at point of sale with our Key Accounts. Retail Marketing will range from BTL activities to sophisticated multi-level retail activation including ATL support.
This role will work as part of the local Consumer Products team, supporting the overall business objectives while also maintaining a strong tie to the regional Franchise Director. The job requires some travel.
• Develops and executes territory specific franchise marketing activations, to support consumer products while creating awareness for key properties.
• Develops cross-divisional support programs (both marketing and PR) with local market theatrical and home entertainment teams
• Work with Franchise Management (Global and Regional) to guide implementation of franchise strategies as it relates to Consumer Products business in territory.
• Reviews and ensures brand integrity of all licensee marketing and loyalty program submissions in region (TV and other high-profile submissions to be vetted with global marketing team)
• Participate in “train the team” sessions to become experts in property presentations. Familiarize and train the local teams on property presentations.
• Partner with regional Brand Director to localize property presentations and marketing materials for assigned territory.
• Attend top-tier retail and licensee meetings (i.e. master toy partner) in region, as requested to support with story beats and sensitive materials.
• Plan screenings for licensees and retailers as required in territory.
• Manage costume character appearances in market
• Responsible for overseeing presentation support and coordination of all events in region (summits, presence at trade shows, agent trade shows)
• Conceptualize and organize events and activities aligned to the business strategy and brand
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure event needs are clearly communicated and correctly coordinated
• Manage invitation and RSVP process
• Collaborate with global events team to secure required event assets via the events tool kit, including invitation templates, banners, etc. Work with global marketing team to secure required presentations
• Onsite management of event to ensure partners are providing all elements as outlined in the event contract (venue, A/V, catering, etc.)
• Manage relationships and develop retail marketing programs with key retail accounts
• Maintain a catalogue of competitors’ retail programs & share best practices/results with broader team
• Stay up to date on retail and marketing trends across the region
• Identify core retail marketing concepts/messages for each Franchise to create differentiation across key accounts
• Coordinate with Universal Retail & Marketing teams in US to ensure creative is consistent and on brand
• Create and identify effective sales and marketing materials to be used for meetings, trade shows, retail road shows, and events.
• Proactively conceptualize and develop cross promotions with other Universal divisions on behalf of licensees, retailers and digital partners.
• Manage execution and account management of assigned marketing partnerships with retail accounts through product lifecycle; includes in-store marketing, promotions, sweepstakes, out-of-home, print, online/mobile content, packaging, premiums, etc.
o Briefing external agencies (when appropriate) in the development of retail concepts
o Managing the TM budget
o Approving ALL retail marketing submissions from licensees, agents or retailers
• Responsible for organizing meetings and film/TV/Property presentations with the retailers and collaborating with the brand group on pitch materials and idea generation
• Provides comprehensive marketing program recaps and post analysis including measurable results, ROI, and how we compare to competitive programs
• Maintains examples of best in class programs to help drive the planning process and close loop
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong Brand Marketing experience
• Excellent presentation skills
• Extensive experience with retail/trade marketing, promotions or packaged goods experience with significant experience creating large scale programs
• Deep knowledge of retail business including retail marketing tactics, promotional partners/p
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.