NBC Universal Product Development Sr. Manager, Hardlines in Shanghai, China
Job Number 35035BR
Job Title Product Development Sr. Manager, Hardlines
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International Consumer Products
Posting Category Sales
About Us Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world’s most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products International oversees NBCUniversal's consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel.
Universal Consumer Products International is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
The NBCUniversal Consumer Products Group is seeking a Senior Product Development Manager- Hardlines to join the Creative & Product Development team that services the licensing business. This position will report to the (TBD) and will contribute to the overall entertainment licensing objectives that drive brand awareness and deliver revenue to the studio.
The NBCU Creative and Product Development team goal is to extend Universal’s film and television licensing titles through products that consumers desire and embrace.The PD Manager of Hardlines is responsible for the development of quality products for designated consumer products area with unique selling points that delight and surprise consumers, from concept through to the finished product.
• Manage and implement Product Development of Hardlines categories for NBCU Consumer Products film & catalog titles – from trend research, to product strategy and conceptualizing, developing assortments and directing line plans, packaging design to final product approval. The role will be responsible for all 3D approvals for China, SEA and ANZ and also onsite approval for global toy licensees.
• Possess a well-versed knowledge of fashion, apparel manufacturing and printing process, color, fabric and trim development, packaging design and go-to-market for apparel, accessories, footwear, tabletop, home textiles and furnishings
• Able to suggest and visually represent commercially viable product ideas and features that elevate consumer products to a new level
• Provide clear and concise direction on trends, graphic composition, typography, draw-overs and creative notes that guide partners to follow our character models and brand attributes
• Define trends, develop fast fashion art packs and seasonal style guides
• Understand seasonal trends in fashion and home that translate into commercially viable product ideas
• Communicate with licensees to understand and support product initiatives and consumer preferences
• Focus on delivering compelling product, innovation and quality across all product ranges
• Participate in cross-functional team synergies by collaborating and sharing best practices with the other Creative and Product Development team members, Category, Marketing and Retail to achieve results
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
• Bachelors or Associates Degree, preferably in fashion design, graphic design or related field
• 5-8 years fashion and home product development experience required
• Experience with development and manufacturing of soft/hard goods
• Strong communication skills and the ability to provide thoughtful, clear creative art direction
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, deadline driven environment that revolves around retail product development calendars
• Highly organized, resourceful and proactive
• Flexible and ability to find compromise in challenging situations
• Mac proficient and advanced skills in Adobe Suite and Microsoft applications required
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.