NBC Universal Presentation Designer in Singapore, Singapore
Job Number 33556BR
Job Title Presentation Designer
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC International
Posting Category Administrative Support
About Us CNBC is the leading global broadcaster of live business and financial news and information, reporting directly from the world’s major financial markets via three regional TV networks in Asia, EMEA and the US. CNBC.com is the preeminent financial news source on the web featuring video, real-time market analysis and dynamic financial tools. CNBC serves the world’s most powerful audience of CEOs, senior executives, the financial services industry and private investors and is available in more than 385 million homes worldwide. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal.
For more information, please visit us at www.cnbc.com
Career Level Entry-Level
State/Province - -
This role sits in the Content Studio team, the hub of creativity at CNBC Catalyst.
The presentation designer will work closely with the Content Studio creative, the Data and Insight research team, the brand and creative strategists and the Sales team to create high end presentations that tell our story in an impactful way. The role is based in Singapore, our Asia HQ, but is international in scope, working with the Pan Asia and EMEA Catalyst teams.
Do you see PowerPoint slides as an opportunity to craft a visually-stunning story? Can you transform static information into an immersive, living and breathing piece of communication? Are you able to interpret stakeholder feedback and apply your insight and design expertise in a clear and concise way (and can you think independently in the absence of feedback)? Can you create a premium-looking presentation that prompts an elite audience to take action?
If so, we’re looking for you. We need a highly-experienced, talented, confident and creative presentation designer who will play a critical design role on confidential presentations for the world’s No.1 business and financial news channel and largest media network.
With a natural flair for cutting-edge, high-end design and passion for storytelling, you should also have strong communication skills and experience gathering feedback from stakeholders of all levels. You will be able to instinctively visualize a brief and subsequently build high quality, accurately-detailed, state-of-the-art presentations that effectively illustrate complex business objectives.
• Develop highly critical and complex premium CNBC Catalyst presentations for key stakeholders across the business
• Support all pitch meetings to create collateral which communicates the work and agency capabilities in the best possible way
• Collate, condense and apply feedback from stakeholders across all levels of the business
• Work with senior stakeholders, Marketing, Sales, Creative and Content teams to ensure that all branded presentations are created to a high standard
• Liaise with senior management to create on-brand new business presentations
• Manage relevant external suppliers
• Creating images, charts and infographics that more effectively communicate key messages and which can be incorporated into presentations
• Support general creative and design work within the CNBC Catalyst team
• Ensure all creative materials adhere to corporate branding and guidelines
Skills, Experience & Requirements:
• Advanced skill level in MS PowerPoint and experience on Mac
• Highly Proficient in a Creative Suite e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
• Strong creative design instincts and judgement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information with senior stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects and deadlines in a high volume, fast-paced environment
• Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure when working with short lead times and tight turnarounds
• Resilient and resourceful - able to work effectively without close supervision
• Demonstrate understanding of international/cross-cultural sensitivities and issues
• Demonstrate a flexible, collaborative and adaptable approach
• Available to work out of hours if required
• Experience of and interest in the media industry
• Knowledge of the media industry, CNBC and NBC Universal brands is also desirable.
• All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove they are able to work in Singapore
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.