NBC Universal Design Project Manager in Stamford, Connecticut
Job Number 36665BR
Job Title Design Project Manager
Business Segment NBC Sports Group
Sub-Business NBC Sports, NBCSN, & Olympics
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
NBC Sports Group is bringing viewers closer to the sports they love by telling stories and creating content that strengthens the fan experience. Within the Marketing Engagement team we are perpetually seeking effective, innovative ways of connecting with fans. The design component of this team is responsible for creating the most effective delivery of the marketing message across on-air, off-air, print, web, and social. The Design Project Manager will schedule, track and quality check each design element to align with campaign expectations and provided creative direction. This role will also be the main source of information for design elements and be responsible for thoroughly communicating across the entire department.
Responsibilities• Interact with the consumer engagement team to interpret design needs into graphics requests.
• Design Project Manager compiles and distributes job-start data (deliverables list/creative brief/project budget); creates job calendar; estimates job budget; participates in the selection of job team (both internal and external resources) and books internal team members' time
• Work with Creative Directors, Design Directors, and Campaign Project Managers to keep jobs on schedule and of the highest quality
• Plot development of requested projects and establish deadlines with Creative Directors and Designers
• Maintain complete knowledge of motion, compositing, 3D, and graphic design workflows to best understand the production times expected for each assignment
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, film, animation, or fine arts
• Minimum of five (5) years Project Management experience working in television production or post-production, network, or broadcast design agency environment
• Familiarity with the formats, sizes, file types, codecs, and project structures for design elements ranging from broadcast motion design, small and large format printing, digital art, and 3D design
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and demonstrable fluency in the language of broadcast graphics and digital art elements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: 36015BR)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
• Must be flexible, deadline driven, a great collaborator, and must be able to confidently deliver graphics with complete accuracy
• Must be able to adhere to existing workflow and file structure
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.